Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
New Mexico Virtual Academy uses the K12 online curriculum to offer New Mexico students in grades 6-12 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, New Mexico Virtual Academy and K12 provide the tools kids need to succeed--in school and beyond.
New Mexico Virtual Academy is one of the fastest growing schools in New Mexico, and here's why:
- Our highly-qualified New Mexico-licensed teachers, who are available online and by phone
- The exceptional, individualized K12 curriculum, which covers the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to telescopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more
- Our active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where New Mexico parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more
- The high quality, tuition-free online public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student
It is the mission of New Mexico Virtual Academy (NMVA) to use technology to provide an innovative public charter school education option meeting the individual needs of sixth through twelfth grade students. NMVA will be accountable for developing each student's full potential by utilizing research-based technology applications, meaningful teacher/student/parent involvement, and engaging individualized learning. NMVA will be a blended model: distance learning combined with traditional face-to face classroom instruction according to each student's academic and social needs. New Mexico Virtual Academy will develop and enrich all of its students by fostering their desire to be lifelong learners to reach their full potential in life.